635 products found
Truck Leaf Spring
Also known as carriage spring or laminated spring, a truck leaf spring is a spring used for suspension in the wheels of a truck and can be traced back to medieval times. This 'cart spring' or 'semi-elliptical spring' is one of the most integral parts of the suspension system of any vehicle.
In a leaf spring, a number of thin metal strips or 'leaves' are stacked in a column on top of each other forming a single curved whole or 'leaf'.
What is the function of a truck leaf spring?
● The first and foremost function of the truck leaf spring is to support and bear the weight of the truck
● The second most important function of a truck leaf spring is to absorb the jerks caused by speed-breakers, potholes, or uneven roads in general
● The leaf spring also facilitates the movement of the vehicle as and when the driver attempts to maneuver it.
● The truck leaf spring controls the ride height and axle damping as well. When and why do you need to replace your truck leaf springs?
● When the spring doesn't seem to be absorbing shock the way it used to; the impact caused by bums and potholes are much more intense
● The truck leaf spring has begun to crack or break apart
● It is old, worn out and has begun to rust
● A lot of dirt has accumulated between the leaves and has damaged the spring
● It has begun to lower the chassis height of the truck.
Our high standard collection of truck leaf springs includes a vast array of Air springs, Axle Rod Repair Kit, Cab Shock Absorbers with Air Spring, Cabins, Drag Links, innumerable Drag Link Ends, and finally, an unfathomable range of Leaf Springs.
Our truck leaf springs are available for different models of Mercedes Benz, Volvo, Iveco, Daf, Scania, and Man.
If you're planning to take matters into your own hands and get down to changing your leaf springs yourself, here's a guide on how to do it in a nutshell:
● First, soak the old and damaged suspension parts in an oil bath for atleast 3 days before you install the new spares to ensure that you don't damage any of the surrounding parts while taking it off
● The next step is to remove the tires and raise the truck atleast 3 to 4 inchess of the ground using a floor jack
● Start with removing the U-Bolts from the spring jacket, followed by the eyelet bolts of the bushings. Then cautiously detach the old truck leaf springs
● Attach the new truck leaf springs with new retainer nuts and mounting bolts
● Secure the U-Bolt brackets surrounding the leaf spring as well as the rear axle tightly
● Lower the truck back to the ground and voila, you're done!
Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?
Based out of Dubai, African Countries, Germany, USA, Uk and Many European Countries, we are one of the most trusted and highly revered E-shops supplying spare parts for not only trucks, but also tractors, trailers, agricultural equipment, as well as starters and alternators.
If you though that's all, think again! Because we also provide Next Day Delivery service to Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain, African Countries, Germany because we know that when it comes to business, time is money!
For any queries, get in touch with us email@example.com